The Word of Life
A personal plea
- Created: Tuesday, 18 September 2012 14:55
- Last Updated: Sunday, 09 June 2013 10:58
- Published: Tuesday, 18 September 2012 14:55
- Written by Mark Neddeau
- Hits: 1220
The events unfolding around the world lead us to one conclusion. The war is heating up again, and prophecy is being fulfilled. Given the state of the union, the apathy of the church in the United States political system, and the continued pressure on churches and personal freedoms in this great country, we make the following plea.
Go into prayer. Set specific time apart to pray for some specific things.
1. Pray that God will anoint and appoint. Pray the church will raise it's voice to be heard where morals are missing, where corruption is rising, and where leadership appears lack. This is not an indictment against our current president, but rather an understanding that we are drifting further and faster than ever before down a path of the loss of God in our government. Pray that God will anoint and appoint strong men of God and God-fearing leadership to step in the gap and speak truth with power. “"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” -1 Timothy 2:1-3
2. Pray that God will prepare us. Instead of delving into the mysteries of prophecy itself, we should be training our young men and women to prepare the way of the LORD. We should and must be teaching faith and faithfulness to the promises of God! Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. Hebrews 10:32
3. Pray that we will UNITE! Pray that the Apostolic, One-God, Jesus-NAME faithful will come together in these last days, beyond ORGANIZATIONAL BY-LAWS, and in the unity of the FAITH! Pray that God will find in us the common ground of baptism, Spirit-infilling and favor that reflects a life of separation. Pray that we will first and foremost recognize the FAMILIAL spirit of Abba, Father - whereby we can move and support one another as the days close in. Through the coming years, buying and selling, healthcare and health-related issues will be controlled through the government. Food programs and government spending upon which millions have become dependent will force us into a decision - take the government-mandated identity and receive their kind favor - or stand for God and believe in his divine providence! To stand we must stand together - pray for unity of the faith! Pray that local churches no longer ignore each other or operate in fear of losing members to one another. Pray for a new vision - pray for our church and organization leadership that they will move past manmade limitations and theology and into the activation of the SPIRIT.
EPHESIANS CHAPTER 4: 1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
“When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men.”b
9(What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regionsc? 10He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
17So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.
20You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26“In your anger do not sin”d: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.
29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Aside from the birth and death of our Savior, we are in the most exciting times of the Bible age! We are seeing the age of Grace come to a close as prophecy is fulfilled. Stand up Church! Stand together - and join us in a month-long prayer - let OCTOBER be the month of prayer for the APOSTOLIC MOVEMENT and the resurrection of faith in the United States and abroad. Will it stop the tide of prophecy? NO - and it is not meant to. But it will prepare us for faithful standing when things progress as they have been prophecied to do.
In Love - and with you in Spirit and Unity -
Elders Mark and Dana Neddeau